Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
Immanuel will be entering the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) for the 2020-2021 school year. In this state sponsored program run by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children.
At Immanuel, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their children.
Immanuel encourages all qualifying families to apply. For the 2020-2021 school year, Immanuel is participating in the WPCP under a Combined Schools agreement with Fox Valley Lutheran High School. Click here to view the agreement. Normally choice students can be enrolled in 4K, Kindergarten, 1st grade, 9th grade, if they are transferring from a public school, or if they have been homeschooled. Participation under a combined schools agreement allows schools to offer choice seats in additional grades for the first two years in the program only. For 2020-2021, Immanuel will be offering seats in grades K-8.
All families will need to go to the DPI website to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Parent e-mail verification is a part of the application process. It may take 5 minutes to 24 hours for the verification e-mail to be received by the applicant. The application process can be completed once the verification has arrived. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to Immanuel for verification.
Click here for the Online Parent Application
WPCP Fast Facts
- The open application period for 2020-21 will run from February 3, 2020 to April 16, 2020.
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to Immanuel to cover 100% of tuition.
- Completed 2019 Tax Information and proof of residency is needed to complete the enrollment eligibility process for new applicants.
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family’s Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below.
- Families wishing to apply for a voucher for multiple children will do so through a single application.
Adjusted Gross Income
||Maximum Yearly Income (Single)
||Maximum Yearly Income (Married)
For each additional member add $9,724
*NOTE Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but
reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children.
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under “Resident School District” and click “Continue”. The UHS option that is on the page does not apply to our area.
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Income Verification Bulletin prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
- DPI Method. Complete your income tax for 2019, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to Immanuel for reference.
- DOR Method. On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2019 tax information has not been submitted, 2018 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Preferred (if applicable) – Property Tax Statement
- Current Wage Statement (can be year-end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement
For more information, please contact Choice Administrator Andy Thiesfeldt at Immanuel.
- Phone: (920) 757-6606 ext. 212